· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Are New Laws for Crystal Possession Enough?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Are New Laws for Crystal Possession Enough?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Political Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think the new laws will be a deterrent for kids addicted to crystal meth?
Yes they will be really worried about breaking the law.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, there needs to be lengthy minimum sentences set.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crystal meth addicted youth need treatment and counselling when incarcerated.
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

Mizzem
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Are New Laws for Crystal Possession Enough? Reply with quote

Thanks to all of the media coverage of late around crystal meth, Ottawa has reclassified it and it is now a level one drug up there with heroin and coke. Simple possession (it's never simple) will now result in a jail term but even here there is controversy because no minimums were set. Creative solutions would have seen mandatory treatment programs or restorative justice for youth. As it is now we can't even keep coke and heroin addicts out of the revolving door.

Inmates who are addicted to any substance must be able to access the support, medical treatment amd counselling they need to detox in order to save us all the very likely chance that they will reoffend. Property crime and identity theft are up substantially. As well as being humane, it just seems like good insurance. Addiction is a disease. As far as kids go, detention with supportive recovery may be one of the only opportunities they have to turn their lives around.

What is it like when you are heavily addicted to crystal meth and you go to jail in BC? Anyone know?
phoenix
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral um, Bloody awful? But then I can not imagine useing in that enviroment...all that ampage and no where for it to go...Friends that have been tell me how easy drugs are to obtain inside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Political Education All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: