· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Meth Education in Schools - how's it going?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Meth Education in Schools - how's it going?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Political Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sumina
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Meth Education in Schools - how's it going? Reply with quote

I would like to hear more on the education going into the school. I've been hearing drips and drabs from kids from the two schools that have had the program in. I don't know the presentation format and I'm curious who is leading the session i.e. police, volunteers, meth survivors etc.

I've heard from kids (and I don't know if this is true) that an old person (in their eyes - so they must be over 30) gave the presentation and the kids thought that was hillarious. Also they said some of the information presented was incorrect (that is according to their knowledge) but one piece of information that disagrees with what they believe caused a number of kids to stop listening and mock the presentors.

I am mentioning this not to discourage but to suggest that when the school receives this presentation that in their TA class the students are handed an evaluation sheet to let the presentors know what the kids are thinking about what they are investing their time and money in. Because we're not here to just speak but to reach.

Good luck in future presentations! I don' mean to offend, I just believe that feedback from the target audience can only help the presentors.
orion
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sumina

Thanks for input. Presenters can be from among all you mentioned, including students from UVic and Camosun college.

To assist in improving the presentation, that one piece of problematic
info was ?
phoenix
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...smart @$$ kids, anyway... Laughing

Actually, I have thought of this myself...
I started useing when I was over 30, 10 years ago.
I believe the impact in presentations would be greater if
the age of presenters was comparable to the audience.
I am in no way proud of my use and subsequent addiction, on the contrary.
To get up and discuss my experience would be
challenge enough without it falling on deaf ears because
my age was a barrier to the receptors.

Yes, what piece of information was perceived to be invalid?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Political Education All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: