· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Parkland Peer Helpers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Parkland Peer Helpers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think a Peer Helping program could have helped you?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

BryenniusIV
New User
New User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Parkland Peer Helpers Reply with quote

Hello to all on this site. I am new here, my name is Bryan and I am in my last year at Parkland Secondary. I am also a Peer Helper. What is this cheesy thing some might ask? Well it is kind of like this site actually, only less specialized and professional. We are like counsellors for the school except we are students with less responsibilities. Some of you may have had this at your schools or currently do. But from what I have heard this is the first place that our exact style has been tested in BC. We learn how to talk to students, our peers, because it is much easier to do than talk to a school counsellor. I truly want this program to work and it is only in its second year. Personally I feel that it is beginning to stall because we do not have objectives set to accomplish. I will admit our school has a drug problem, no school on the Peninsula can claim otherwise. But we fortunately have little to no crystal meth at our school. Marijuana, cocaine and ecstacy are the big losers we have. We actually just had a presentation today at our school by the people who run this website and I hope for everyones sake that it worked to change everyones minds here. Unfortunately this seems like a pretty pointless rant until now that most can't reply to yes? Well I just want to say that everyone on this site who has told their stories is my hero for even telling them. Those of you who were successful in escaping hell are just that much more impressive to me. I truly hope that I am making a difference at my school in stopping people from starting meth so that they do not have to feel the pain that people here have. Finally, thanks to everyone who reads, and a special thanks to those who reply to it.
Barbrasive
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud your efforts! I think peer counselling is a crucial element no matter the age, personaly. Laughing For teens in school, it holds a very important key to communication being two way-often in those years of determining independence, peer orientation is the most powerful pull.

Best wishes for the program to continue, it is a valueable asset to your school and could become a model for others.
sageb1
New User
New User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Marijuana, cocaine and ecstacy @ your school.

I am going to exclude marijuana in my reply since 1/3 of students may have tried it at least once. It is the least addictive of the 6 recreational drugs known to students (in addition to cocaine, meth and E, the other two are alcohol and nicotine). Furthermore, no person has died from marijuana use - and no, driving while under the influence does not count as a direct cause.

E also cannot be said to be addictive, and is only unsafe in that it may cause overheating and dehydration. However, any street-bought E should be tested for purity, because since it was made illegal, quality control went out the window.

When cocaine or meth is sufflated (inhaled), they are not as addictive as when they are smoked or injected. It is debateable about cocaine being physically addictive when sufflated. Psychologically, it is worse than marijuana.

Smoked, meth is addictive but the high does not last long enough to satisfy. Hence the addiction.

And it can become physically addictive because of this.

However, the side effects are what leads to the problem.

Meth can lead to insomnia. Insomnia can lead to hypomania. Hypomania can lead to brief psychotic episodes. Agitation, anxiety and depression are other side effects. This stuff can literally eat your soul.

In short on meth you can lose your mind to it, your health, and even your life.

To see how one famous person beat meth, rented out I Walk the Line. yep, Johnny Cash was a meth addict too, except he didn't smoke it; he popped dexedrine pills.
Barbrasive
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash was indeed a meth addict- as were many of the era when pill form was easily obtained. Pharmacy grade! I question why you state cocaine and meth are not "as addicitve" when sufflated. Do you have some evidence of this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: