· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Names for crystal meth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Names for crystal meth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
New User
New User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Names for crystal meth Reply with quote

I'm a novelist writing a book set near Sooke. I've seen the many names for crystal meth on one of the pages on this site. Could anyone tell me the four or five most common names around here for the drug? Someone mentioned "shard."

Thanks for your input. I'd like to explore this problem in my fiction, and I want to get the facts straight. Congrats to all of you for coming together in this fight.
tooreclusive
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: local terms for methamphetamine. Reply with quote

Hi Lou -
As far as i know, in the Victoria/surrounding area methamphetamine goes by these names most commonly.
"shard"
"jib"
"gak"
"speed".

Hope this helps.
-- r.
sparkle
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lou
Common street names in Victoria are jib, shard, gak, meth and tina (particularly in the gay community). In Vancouver I am hearing crystal and speed more often.

Older addicts sometimes refer to it as speed though strictly speaking this often is a reference to the amphetamine popular in the 60's and 70's - not the newer more powerful form, crystal methamphetamine, which can be produced in a 'lab' using ephedrine and the toxic poisons, solvents and acids we are now familiar with.

Marilyn
Outreach Coordinator/
Educator
Crystal Meth Society of BC
Lou
New User
New User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks for info on meth names Reply with quote

A big thanks to Sparkle and to Tooreclusive for the meth names used in the Victoria area. I appreciate your help.
cyndilou
New User
New User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: hey lou Reply with quote

i am not sure about the names there! i am also writing a book. its a true story. if you need insight to the life of a dope addict i can help. i was addicted to meth for 4 years and i can give details of the life. either way. the best of luck with your book!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: