· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Meth lab.., how can you tell?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Meth lab.., how can you tell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmo
New User
New User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Meth lab.., how can you tell? Reply with quote

My wife and I built a new home, large enough for our three kids and a rental suite.

Recently we overheard a conversation which has lead us to believe our renter may be involved in selling drugs in the community. We believe this based on the terminology used in the conversation and the fact that there was a statement that he would be in need of a money counter to keep track of the amount of money he is making.

He has hung black drapes in the windows. Sleeps from 6am until 5pm and then leaves the house perodically throughout the night returning with guests.
He recently asked if he could bolt a safe to the floor in the suite as he has stated that he does not have a bank account.

He has also recently began using a lemon air freshener which is strong enough to pass the strong lemon odor into our side of the house.

When asked if he would like us to dispose of his garbage for him he was quite adamant about disposing of it himself.

I have three children and I am quite concerned about their safety as well as the residual effects of having a possible drug problem in my own house.

I may be paranoid, however, where my children are concerned, I don't to take any chances. If anyone has any information on what to look for, what odors may be prevelant, what charactaristics are common, etc, where drug use is concerned, or where a possible lab may have been developed, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
sparkle
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: drug dealing going on Reply with quote

hey gizmo...i used to be a drug addict and now work doing drug education and prevention work. having known many dealers, it is easy for me to make the assumption that your renter is either dealing drugs or making and selling drugs in your home.

depending on what municipality/city/country you live in, tenant landlord regulations are all different. a homeowner can protect himself only so far, because most high end dealers are intelligent, manipulative, charming and convincing, but here is what might be going on.

a marijuana grow op but that's unlikely because of the odors and need for electricity and venting.

a meth lab but meth cooks prefer houses with no close proximity to neighbors who can pick up the intense odor of cat urine and chemicals. Ithey would also have to be disposing of large containers of the by products used to make meth, have lots of trash, have all their windows blacked out, and security devices installed to protect their operation.

drug users are usually paranoid when using, so typically keep their blinds drawn or black them out, as do the dealers. traffic typically comes and goes at night, or dealers leave to deliver their product frequently during the night. they usually pay their rent in cash.

anyone who doesn't have a bank account and has sums of money large enough to need a bolted safe installed, is generally up to no good. i think you're right to be suspicious!

i would do a criminal record check on the renter, speak to the local police indicating your suspicions, and check your landlord tenant regulations to see how to evict him. i would be extremely concerned for the safety of your family. many meth addicts are sexual predators...it's the nature of the drug. in bc , i believe the only way to evict someone if they haven't provided cause (and you have to PROVE criminal activity), is to issue an eviction notice because a close family relative needs the space, or to upgrade the space because of an impending sale of the house.

I would be very cautious about mentioning your concerns to the tenant at this point. do some surveillance at night to keep track of his coming and goings....the police will want to know this, give them his license number and any other information they may need about his past, references, etc.

you are responsible for any clean up costs associated with a drug lab, and in the case of meth, the toxic waste cleanup costs are astronomical and often the space is uninhabitable afterwards due to the buildup of phosphine gas and other toxic materials .

hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: