· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Where is all the help??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Where is all the help??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Testimonials - Users, Siblings, Family members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerald
New User
New User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Where is all the help?? Reply with quote

I have a brother who has been doing meth for the last 2 yrs. He is always calling me to help him. Today he called and because there is no help available for these people(everyone has waitlists) they cant get the help when they SCREAM for it. I told him to say he was suicidal just to get help. A crazy can get help immediately but some one Meth cannot. We help people in other countries with HIV, starvation and we cant even help our own??? What kind of free country is this?? Oh I almost forgot those are all differant budgets. Maybe its time we had a budget for Meth addicts of all ages. In the future we will be paying a huge amount for healthcare for these demented people if they live that long. What's your views??
Mizzem
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Treatment on demand Reply with quote

Unfortunately what you are saying is largely the same in every community and the few facilities we have are overwhelmed by the large numbers of crystal meth addicts now seeking help. The high rate of addictions they are seeing is creating a huge demand and the funding has not caught up to the reality of the need.

In the meantime you can suggest to your brother that cutting down the amount he is using is one way to start managing his use. Of course, not hanging out with the same people in the same places and following some of our tips to reduce use may also help. So I would get his name on the waitlist anyway and keep calling in for cancellations. The reality is that lots of users never show up.

You did not say what community you are in, but usually the health authority has a list of referral services available, as does the Salvation Army. When I need help for someone I take them to the hospital, but generally a meth addict cannot wait around to be seen unless he has finished tweaking and just wants to sleep.

May I suggest that you please forward your letter to your local newspaper, area MLA, and email the BC Minister of of Health. ( George.Abbott.MLA@leg.bc.ca)

Good luck and thanks for caring about your brother!
auntie1
New User
New User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to this site and the whole world of drug addictions on a personal level. But I just recently found out that my two nephews are both using drugs, with crystal meth being one of their drugs of choice. It broke my heard to find out that my nephew who is 6'4" only weighs 140 pounds and is covered in sores with one that has become severly affected on his leg.

I don't know what to do to help them and support my sister and her husband and the rest of our family with this devastating addiction. I have two teenage daughters and this knowing their cousins are in such bad shape has really upset them.

My eldest nephew is in his mid 20's and it seems that there aren't any places for someone his age that needs treatment unless you have lots of money. Has anyone got any suggestions of what we can do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Testimonials - Users, Siblings, Family members All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: