· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - when the parent is on meth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

when the parent is on meth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lislpisl
New User
New User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: when the parent is on meth Reply with quote

First-kudo's to the people who dedicated their time to such a worthy cause! i am not sure if i am writing under the right forum subject. My stepson's mother is addicted to crystal-meth. THere doesn't seem to be any resources available for kids and their families who are dealing with an addict. I am wondering if there is any body else in this situation. The child is too young for counselling therefore we have been trying to find literature or other resources on helping him cope with the loss of the relationship as he knew it with his mother. He deals with grief and extensive anger. If anyone has any suggestions.....we live in northern bc resources are limited!
Ellen
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your stepson is almost dealing with a death. I am not an expert, but is there a grief counsellor in your community? He needs to talk to someone who can tell him that this is not his fault and that it is understandable that he feels angry. He must also feel very sad. Have you checked with your library to see if there is an age-appropriate book that deals with loss, and more importantly, how to deal with it? He has no control over what is happening in his life, and somehow he should be given some tools that will empower him so that at least he can be in control of some things. If he is old enough, maybe he can share his thoughts on this website forum. He will be helping people understand the pain of this drug. That may give him not only an avenue to express his feelings, but also empower him to help with the fight against this terrible drug. Again, I am no expert, just a mom. Find him whatever help you can, wherever you can find it - family doctor, school, drug counsellor, AA, or anyone that he can talk to. Please tell him that he is not alone, we all care deeply about him and all the other kids dealing with this. His mom is ill and not capable of caring for him. That doesn't mean that she doesn't love him, it's just that those good feelings are buried beneath the meth. Don't give up hope! Please stay in touch. There may be others with better answers than me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: