· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Before any dream can come true, there must first be a dream&
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Before any dream can come true, there must first be a dream&

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Testimonials - Users, Siblings, Family members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gimpgirl30
New User
New User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Before any dream can come true, there must first be a dream& Reply with quote

For 11 years i was addicted to meth and alcohol with several cold turkeys and 2 failed treatment centers along the way! February 6th 2005 i was put in the mental health ward here in Lawton Oklahoma. I had attempted suicidee the night before and my best friend had found me! I know today that the drugs had samashed any dream i could have wanted! I have two beautiful children that love me dearly! But i cheated them, neglegted them, most of i endangered them! I was a functioning addict that prided herself in the ability to pay bills and buy her children! The fact is i hustled and sat in the bathroom most of there lives! I had no dream for myself and no dream for my children! I was sad, lonely, empty, ashamed, lost, confussed, depressed, angry, fearful, and insane! my children had to live through it all! The emotional ups and downs, the broken promises, traffic in and out, and there mommy always in the bathroom!
9 1/2 months ago my life was changed forever! I know today that i have the choice to pick up and to go back to that life again. I have the tools, the connections, and the desire to choose otherwise today! I have a dream today! i am using the 12 steps, a sponsor, my higher power, and working with others! By giving away what i have been so freely given i am out of the bathroom! My children love me more than ever! We do home work! I cook and clean only a few times a day! We go places and i hold true to my commitments i make to them! You see when i do the next right thing everyone around me is effected! i know today that there is a positive in every negative and that nothing happens in Gods world by mistake! I know that when if i expect nothing, appreciate everything, resentments are less and dreams come true!
For all newcomers, family members, and friends of a meth addict, hope is right around the corner! Don't give up and you are in my prayers daily! Thankyou for those that have reached a hand out and thankyou for those who were there! Each day we are given a gift from a Higher Power, the gift of sobriety and and another day to help one of His Children.
orion
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your story. You are so right when you say. "Never Give Up!" That is what keeps a person going when they are fighting this problem.

If you can get a belief that you will get out, that you deserve better, your family and those who love you deserve better, than you can get the strength
to get your life back.

Don't let meth drive the train of your life. You deserve that right.

Thanks again and all best wishes for your continuing efforts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Testimonials - Users, Siblings, Family members All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: