· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Our son has been an addict for 15 years.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Our son has been an addict for 15 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Parent Resources. Strategies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broken_heart
New User
New User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Our son has been an addict for 15 years. Reply with quote

Our only child got into drugs at age 14. He came from a good home, in an upper class neighbourhood and had a strong and loving extended family. Everything was wonderful... until he discouvered drugs. Within months he was running away, getting arrested and life with him became a living hell. We tried councilling, drug treatment centres, tough love, drowning him in love, boarding school in the outback, home school etc. he pull of the drugs was always more appealing than the interest in anything else.
Over the years he tried every drug out there...but nothing changed him as much as meth.
Since using meth, he is a completely different person. There is not even a glimmer of the son we raised, anywhereto be seen. He has become a shell of a person. We agreed to let him come home to live, 3 times in the past 3 years. Each time ended up in his either disapearing or getting arrested. He steals cars, gets in high speed car chases and is forever going to jail for theft, etc.
He will turn 33 this year. We love him. We pray for him. We would give anything for him to choose a different life.
I thin the saddest part of all of this is that he has never know how joyful and wonderful adult life can be. He hasn't held a job for more than a few weeks in over 10 years. We have no idea where he gets his money from, how he eats or where he sleeps. He has alienated all of his old crimal friends. he has no contact with family or family friends. We have not seen him in over 15 months and he has not called us in over 4 months. The only reson we know he is alive is because we saw a newclip about his being wanted by the police, on the TV news, a few weeks ago.
I wanted to tell my story here, so that other parents who are going thru this know they are not alone.
We did everything we could to make the best life for our son. We gave him every opportunity to get well and onto a different path.
It has taken me years to stop thinking that maybe there was something else I could have done to make a difference. There was nothing else.
I remain forever hopeful that he lives another year, and pray that one day he will decide he wants a different life. Until HE makes that decision, rehab, love and support don't make any difference.
I am thankful that he knows we love him. I hope that knowledge is some of some comfort to him when he is low.
phoenix
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so very sorry your only child is so lost to you. Sad I hold out hope for you that he will hit the point that will change his ways, and you will re-unite.(((HUGS)))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Parent Resources. Strategies. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: