· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Changing lives through inspiring youth through positive hope
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Changing lives through inspiring youth through positive hope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Books, Movies, Meetings & Speakers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christianbodybuilder
New User
New User

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Changing lives through inspiring youth through positive hope Reply with quote

We all have at one point or another in our lives been in a positon of dispair.

http://www.ICBBA.com
For a youth at times they can feel alone or out of place and desperately want to fit in. Lets face it if your average grown up only comes along and shows up when theres trouble and condemns and preaches it is never going to seem like you care to a youth.
We need to inspire the youth. Give them something positive in there lives to reach towards. Instilling goals and hope in something positive within there grasp. The problem is when a youth feels alone and wants to fit in its usually the bad influences in there lives which are there for them. IE: the others who are also feeling alone and there for them sharing drugs etc, like a family, but stuck in there own circle of life stripping abuse.
I will share a little story with you.
When i was a kid, my mother had cancer. I eneded up in a foster home for a while. I was split up from my brother and sister and later ended up in a private school. I was a poor kid who dressed funny and the others used to make fun of me daily. My life was very sad, and I was reaching out to wherever I could find support or someone to belive in me. There were the kids on the block into drugs who seemed to want to accept me, and there was a teacher of mine who happened to be an athlete and seemed very cool at the time. He used to ahve hope in me. He would stick up for me and belive in me. He gave me his time and we would talk. This wasnt alot of time but it must have done something for me because he inspired me to be an athlete and to stay clear of drugs and the peer pressure. I am sure it wasnt his intentions to hit my heart but never the less his actions probably kept me from commiting suicide. Later in life I had more tragedy. I was hit by a car and had suffered huge injuries and almost died. All i could think about was getting better and using my life to inspire other kids like I had been. Since my accident I have gone from tragic victim to National competitve natural bodybuilder and president of the International Christian Bodybuilding Association and the Youth Enablement Program. I have seen how first hand just giving the kids a little of your time can change lives. About 4 months ago I recieved an email from one of the kids I had attended a workout with and helped with there routine in a fitness center. He had confessed how he was heading down the drug path and Crystal Meth. Id didnt even know this, but he said how I had affected his life positively and he had stayed clear. One of his young friends is in jail and a few others have had overdoses. I was absolutley taken back from this and realised how effective being there for these kids as rolemodels and positive influences was. I do talks at schools and rallys, attend events and display positive testimonies and also help kids gain access to FREE fitness memberships in the Victoria area. I do this all FREE of charge and believe I am truly blessed to be able to help.

If you would like some help from me or someone else from my association we are here for you in any way we can.

Sometimes we dont need to say much to change a life, we just need to show up when asked and be willing to listen, kindness speakes for itself and a positive healthy lifestyle complete with goals can change a life forever by giving something to belive in.

Ero Rivard
http://www.ICBBA.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> Books, Movies, Meetings & Speakers All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: