· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Off to treatment *again* <groan>.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Off to treatment *again* <groan>.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tooreclusive
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Off to treatment *again* <groan>. Reply with quote

Seventeen days off it today, and going into treatment, which I know won't work if for no other reason than that I can't handle twelve-step meetings. Never been much for the 12-step approach - - a bit too folksy for me, not to mention the serious issue i have with the magical-thinking aspect of it and the "higher power" stuff.

Mind you, perpetually cycling around the ideological rift in the addictions field has kept me alternating pretty consistently between crack pipe and meth pipe.

Still, I can't help but wonder . . - - - > why is the island so limited in choices, method-wise? Why the preponderance of step-based programmes, and the lack of anything more "rational recovery"-oriented? I'm heading up north for this one, but I'm seriously thinking of moving to the mainland when all is said and done, since there, at least, there are more flavours to the menu, so to speak.

Off I go, then. I'll check in here periodically.

- - Tooreclusive.
phoenix
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck- sounds like you know yourself and the common methods for recovery;
hope you find what works for you. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: