· Meth_Conference
· Meth_Manual
· Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Topics
· Web Links

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/sessions.php on line 223
CrystalMethBC - Meth Information Website: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/header.php:32) in /raid/home/crystal/crystalmethbc/includes/page_header.php on line 495
crystalmethbc.ca :: View topic - Looking for help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Looking for help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinker1965
New User
New User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Looking for help Reply with quote

I want to get some help in regards to my 17 year old son. How do I know for sure if he is doing stuff even though I already suspect that he is?

Any help appreciated!!
Barbrasive
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the info and articles here and elsewhere that would give you some idea of effects and warning signs? Do you have a good communication with your son now? Have you in the past? I sincerely hope your child is not using meth, but if he is, gathering your resources now is the first step.
Tinker1965
New User
New User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,

I have just started to research things and in contact with the school who is helping me. My husband does not think that he is doing meth but I found what I think is a meth pipe. I compared it to a picture that came from a magazine from the school and it looks very similar. We, as a collective group ( school and councillors and us) are hoping to do an intervention of sorts but in the meantime.. I am very afraid of things that are happening now and what might happen in the future. We have a younger daughter in the house and I don't feel safe with him at the best of times.

Thanks for replying...
sparkle
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tinker
It's great that you have the school and counsellors behind you and willing to take part in an intervention but one of the things you said troubles me. "I don't feel safe with him at the best of times." Your first priority is always to keep you and your family safe and if you think he has mental health issues (rage, paranoia, delusion, grandeur, depression, drug induced psychosis) than you will need to get your son to a family doctor or therapist for an assessment so that he can get the care he needs.

A meth pipe often has a longer narrower stem and a small hole on top, but any pipe, light bulb, glass, foil, will do. Have you asked him if he is using substances because you found "a" pipe that makes you suspect he has? It is important, no matter how troubling they may be, that they understand that you love and care for them and will help them get treatment if they are having any substance abuse or other problems, while still protecting yourself.

Some of the ways you first know if your child is using meth is that they start staying out, often overnight and not calling. They have new friends and distance family and old friends. Often skipping school or sleeping in, they become argumentative, can have violent outbursts, are confrontational, their clothes disappear or are replaced by someone elses, their belongings disappear, your belongings disappear, they repeat activities over and over, sleep deeply for days at a time, and lose interest in all extra curricular activities. Often they lose interest in good hygiene. When high everything will be amplified; they may have illusions of expanded conciousness, are euphoric and empowered, will sweat profusely and talk rapidly and non stop. On meth one can stay up for days or weeks at a time, and there is rapid weight loss and sleep deprivation which also can cause psychosis.

There is a new story on our site from the mother of a meth addict in recovery and she offers advice to other parents. "Rules Show That You Care." Let us know if we can help further. I have a parent support group in Victoria BC and if it's helpful, I can have another parent get in touch with you. My email is outreach@crystalmethbc.ca

You are doing the right thing in educating yourself about this neurotoxic and highly addictive drug that is 4 times as powerful as crack cocaine. A good website to learn the truth about all of the new chemical drugs is erowid.com and generally if they are using meth, they likely are experimenting with other drugs such as ghb, ketamine, ecstasy and often oxycontin or other sleep aids.

Good Luck to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    crystalmethbc.ca Forum Index -> I Just Want to Talk. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: